Tuesday, August 13, 2013

10 more days!

Yay! 10 more days until I'm off to china! It is so weird to say next Friday I leave. These are the days Ive been waiting for for months and now they are here I don't know what to think! It so exciting!

My day started off with taking Ashton to get his Drivers Licenses! I cant believe he is 16 and that he can now drive, all by himself! This will take us some time to get use to, but tomorrow he can drive himself to practice at 8am! While I am in China Ashton will be driving Averie to school, which is only a minute from our house. I'm sure he will do fine, but I worry a little about this as it is a school zone and he is pretty fresh at having his licenses.

Tomorrow Hanna wants to go to the school and get her locker all ready. Now they "wall paper" the inside of their lockers and decorate them. They even sell chandeliers and rugs for lockers. (crazy I know) So her and a few of her girlfriends will go to the middle school and get their lockers all decorated and ready for school to start Friday.

Averie will find out who her kindergarten teacher is tomorrow and Thursday she will get to go see her classroom and meet her teacher. She informed me the other day that she is "going to have to skip school to take you to the plane" I told her she wont have to skip but we will let them know she will be gone! This morning she woke saying she had a good dream about kindergarten but she has asked me several times "what if my teacher wont let me miss school to take you to the plane?" I keep assuring her it will be fine, but she is still worried. Silly girl!

Brock's classroom is almost ready to go. Teachers return tomorrow and students return Thursday. He will be ready and back in school mode Thursday. Or at least he will be there! :) Tonight is our last night before school starts, kinda sad, but nice to get back on a schedule. I look forward to fall, it is my favorite season, with the temperatures we have tonight, it feels like fall. So nice!

10 more days....tomorrow starts single digits. Cant believe it! Please continue to pray for us. We are getting closer financially, we have received some wonderful donations from some friends and we have collected more money from friends who have sold more cards for us, it has been such a blessing! We are about $2000 away from the amount I need to complete travel and adoption costs. There will be an additional $4500 in fees once we return for home study fees and the costs to readopt Hudson in the US. We are so close! Thank you for your continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment