Friday, August 9, 2013

14 days... 2 weeks!


Wow, I have prayed and prayed for these days to hurry up and get here. To be on the countdown until I am on my way to China to get our son. It is such an overwhelming feeling. So many emotions when I think about things.

I get sooo excited to imagine starting our lives with Hudson. He is going to bring change to our lives and I know we are going to turn his life into something completely different. I cant wait to see China and learn and experience all that I can about the country that our son is from.

I get so nervous about leaving Brock and the kids behind. I know they will be fine and so will I, but Ive never left them more than 1 night. We are all about family time and Ill miss that for 2 weeks. Ill miss the early days of the beginning of the school year, a few of Ashton's soccer games, Hanna's basketball tryouts, a few of Averies soccer games and more. But, its ok. I know Brock will have help here as needed and the kids really will be fine.

Im scared of being so far from home and to have to make decisions without Brock, to not be able to communicate with Brock and family as I am so use to. Im scared to fly and experience a layover. Im scared that Hudson may reject me. Im scared of being alone, in China, with our new son. I know the Lord will be with me, but Im just being honest... Im scared.

Today at lunch Brock was saying he is sure he will cry when we get home and he gets to meet Hudson. I told him that is one of my fears, to be a blubbering mess when I meet him. I don't want to scare Hudson, but when I even think about that moment I get emotional. Im going to have the Kleenex in my pockets and try so hard to keep it together.

We are still about $5000 from what I need to be able to travel. Once home, we will have an addition need of $3500-$4000 to pay off the home study agency and to pay the fees to readopt Hudson in the USA. We have to readopt him so he can have a social security card and birth certificate and now that Brock is not going, it makes it legal here in the US. We have had some awesome donations come in and we are so thankful for this. When we first got travel approval we were over $10,000 away from the amount needed before travel, now we are about half that! Praise the Lord!

Please continue to pray for us. Again, we appreciate all the support from family, friends, and even those that we do not know. Thank you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment