Wednesday, August 7, 2013

16 days!!


So the countdown begins! I have 16 days until Im on my way to China! What am I doing today? Well Im pretty busy, Ive been watching flight prices for the day I thought (and was correct about) I would be flying out to China. The price had remained the same over the past several weeks and now that I have that date confirmed the price went up $1000. WHAT!? Just another hurdle I have to jump over. I have estimated our plane tickets at a certain price and Im determined to keep it at or under that price. So, I have contacted a few travel agents and waiting to see what they can tell me. Ive also almost given up hope for a nonstop flight there. No way will I pay $1000 more for that same flight. Oh well.

Today I will also go to the doctor. Have a little check up and get any medications I believe I will need while in China. I am so thankful to all the families who have been to China and back, some multiple times, and they share their wisdom with us. I have a nice little list of the suggested medications to bring with me and I plan to get most, if not all of them. I cant picture much worse than being in China, alone, and sick. So, hoping and praying it doesn't happen.

Ive been thinking sooooo much about Hudson. Of course Ive thought of him several times a day since I first saw his photo, but now Im picturing not only him being home, but us together in China. How will he react to me? Will I be able to keep it together when I meet him, I get emotional just picturing the day. I dont want to scare the little guy with a blubbering mama. :)  I love this little guy so much. I can not wait to meet him, to love on him, and to be accepted by him. Ive pictured the perfect days and Ive pictured the exact opposite, not knowing what to expect. I want to be prepared and be strong. I cant wait to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment