Thursday, August 15, 2013

8 is great!

I cant believe that I'm down to 8 days until I'm off to China! These days are flying by while I am staying busy. 8 days until I fly and 10 days until I meet our son. (I think that is right due to time difference!)

Today Brock had his first day with students. He says he has a great group and is going to have a great year! I love that he enjoys teaching so much. He has a class of 24 - 5, 6, and 7 year olds! He is an awesome teacher and does a great job with the students each year. As much as he didn't want to see summer end, I can see that he is excited to start a new school year.

This afternoon Averie decided she didn't want to go to kindergarten. I kept assuring her that she is a smart, nice, beautiful little girl who will be great in kindergarten. This evening was her open house and it was just what she needed! She got to see her classroom and she loved it! She got to meet her teacher and some of the helpers around the school and she is so excited to have so many teachers! She was much more excited about it this evening. She wants her lunch packed tomorrow and she requested a PB&J, tomatoes, carrots with dip, strawberries, juice and pudding. Ive got it all ready to go and hope she enjoys it! Before bed we read The Night Before Kindergarten and The Kissing Hand. These books really made her realize she isn't the only one scared and she really loved them!

Clothes are set out, the older kids have their supplies at school, Averie has a book bag full of school supplies and more. I cant wait to take their first day of school photos tomorrow. I have my 16 year old junior, 13 year old 8th grader and my 5 year old kindergartner. 3 different schools! Oh, this is going to be a busy school year!

With 8 days left, we are so close yet far away from the funds we need to complete this adoption. We continue ask for your prayers. As I keep saying, the Lord will provide, He has so far and He will not give up now. We are just SO close to the deadline. I'm so ready to be able to say that we are completely funded.

1 comment:

  1. We are adopting from China, too and raising $10,000 through my Etsy shop. I just told Jesus that I'd give $50 since you need it NOW and trust that we'll make our goal in the next 3-4 months. Please pray over my shop that it'll be successful so we can get our baby girl. Many prayers over your trip and keep up with the blog! I believe God WILL provide. He is in the business of redeeming these little lives and we're just His vessels. :-) BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete