Friday, August 16, 2013

Lucky number 7

Only 7  more days! I cant believe it, 1 week from now Ill be sitting on a plane. I'm hoping and praying it is a non-eventful, easy, comfortable flight. Ill bring what I can to entertain myself and figure it would be best to try to sleep as much as possible since Ill be hit with a huge time difference and then a new child.

Today was a good , then ugly , then better kinda day. Defiantly a day I would not want to experience again but wish I could do over. Today was the kids' first day of school! Ashton is a junior, Hanna 8th grade and Averie kindergarten. Everyone got up in time, made it to school one time and had good days. It wasn't a full day, and that's probably a good thing as everyone is tired.



The bad was I got an email from our adoption agency for the amount that I need to wire over to China and it was much more than I was told would be the max. I was hoping it was a typo, but it wasn't. I don't know how or why this keeps happening to us, I shouldn't be so shocked when this kind of thing happens, but I was just fed up with it this morning. I got ugly, crying and stressing out. I'm glad the kids were at school. Then, the one thing I was looking forward to, having lunch with Averie for her first day of school, I asked the school office what time lunch was today, I planned to be there about 10 min early and they said that would be fine. Well, about 10:45am I got a call from Averie's teacher who says that while walking around at lunch she noticed Averie looking around and she told her that her mom was coming to lunch. They had lunch already and I missed it. I hung up and cried more. :(  I know, it was ugly. And then I went to get in the shower and to let the water release pressure in my back and as I was getting in I fell. UGH!! No, my day really couldn't have gotten much worse.

Now more good. I have some wonderful, loving, supporting FB friends. They spread the news that we are struggling financially and everyone was chipping in what they could. We received just over $1300 in donations today. God has this under control! I don't know why I let Satan get the best of me, I see now what can happen when he does. But, there was the Lord, working away, continuing to provide for us, even when I couldn't hold it together. Thank you everyone who gave, prayed, and shared about us. It has really helped and blessed us!

To make up for missing lunch with Averie, she got to help me make some dessert, her favorite brownies with homemade peanut butter frosting. I had to make a second batch of frosting as someone couldn't stay out of it either. She LOVES to be in the kitchen, helping cook, wash dishes, etc. She says she wants to be a chef when she grows up. We ended our night playing some Baseball Super Nintendo and cuddling together. Everyone made it through the first day of school. Everyone is also asleep a lot earlier tonight than they have been in months! It will make each one of us sleepier than usual for awhile. But, I keep reminding myself, it really is nice to get back on a schedule.

Again, thank you everyone for your love and support. Please continue to pray for us while we are counting down the days until I'm off to China.

No comments:

Post a Comment