Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sunday


The flight from Hong Kong to shanghai was fine, no problems, it was comfortable and more vegetarian pasta was served. I think good on pasta for awhile. My guide along with the taxi driver were waiting on me as soon as I got my luggage, they were very nice and helpful, insisting I looked too tired to pull my own luggage. It was about an hour drive to the hotel, imagine a teenager learning to drive stick shift in potholes and that's what the drive was like! The whole way here the guide and I talked, about my schedule, my family, her husband and family she is sweet.
Upon getting to the hotel there was a guy asleep by the front door outside, wearing only boxers. Nothing was said about that. Once we got in they couldn't find my reservation. The guide and taxi driver were getting onto them and asked me to go sit and wait, they really started getting onto them and then my room was ready! Idk what happened. They require a deposit of $300 and I was able to leave it in US dollars and will get it back upon check out. The room is nice, a standard hotel room, but on the nicer side. Comfortable king bed! They are bringing up his baby bed today. I requested a baby bed as that is what he sleeps in now. Ide gladly share my bed with him if that is more comforting to him.
I'm at breakfast now. There is a lot of food, but being a vegetarian is hard. I had a muffin, hash browns and another pastry. Thought IDE loose weight here, but idk. Drank 7up but then they stocked some water and juice. So now drinking all 3. Guess Ill be plenty hydrated! The staff here is nice and most know some English. I did get called sir, but then. Worker scolded him and he apologized several times.
I'm going to go get the hotel room in order and at 3pm my guide will take me shopping at a place similar to Walmart. I need a stroller, water, and idk what else at this point. She said its not far but would be happy to take me, which is good cause I don't want to get out on my own quite yet.
I'm so excited to be less than 24 hours away for meeting my son. What an awesome journey this is. I'm thinking he will cry, maybe even shut down. But I hope and pray that he lets the bonding start and accepts me quickly. I love him so much.

1 comment:

  1. Good girl--just don't drink the water. lol I wonder if Hudson would have any transition to US food--guess you'll find out soon enough. Gosh, I'm so happy for you! What an adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete