Sunday, August 11, 2013

Twelve days!

On the twelve days of adoption countdown... it does feel like Christmas...this is the best gift I could ever receive, to go and get my son! It is such an exciting time!

Last night Averie and Hanna stayed the night with Grammie & Papoo and Hanna called me around 10:30pm saying Averie is crying. I talked to her and she was upset about me leaving for China soon. :(  Ive only left her for one night at a time, so this is a pretty big deal. I talked to her for quite awhile and after reminding her that Hudson is ready for his family and I have to go get him and that once Im home, our family will be complete, 2 weeks really isn't too long, etc. She was feeling better about it. She will ride to the airport with us to drop me off and we will spend all the time we can together these next 12 days. She starts Kindergarten on Friday and I will get to walk her in to her classroom and have lunch with her to help her get familiar with the routine. I am going to have a mommy Averie date next week before I leave. I have also bought some special snacks and will write her a note for each day that I am gone. Ill leave daddy in charge of giving these to her. I made a promise to her that I will get to communicate with her daily while gone. We hope to be able to Skype or Facetime, but if for some reason that doesn't work, we will email or FB message and if that fails, then we will text. Im going to miss my family but know the older two will be fine without me, I pray that Averie can keep it together. She will have some special bonding time with daddy while Im gone at least!

So today we were able to collect some of the funds from the discount cards that have been sold. We are getting there bit by bit. Im pretty sure all of the money will need to be sent this week and we are around $5000 away from all that is needed. I have faith that we will have it when we need it. I continue to pray for the Lords guidance over these next several days. We have been so fortunate to have many supportive friends, family members and even complete strangers. We are so thankful for each and every one of you.

Once we got home from church I went through Hudsons clothes again and packed them into his new suitcase! I have a variety of sizes for him from 18 months-3t. A cup, a few toys, a backpack, are all ready to go. Ill add a few more things until he is completely packed. I just love little boy clothes! Its been so long since Ive been able to buy them, as Ashton is 16 years old now and is 6ft tall! Im ready to start packing my suitcase, but Im afraid Ill want some of the clohtes over the next several days, so Ill hold off until next weekend.

As I said we are short the amount necessary for my travel. Donations can still be made by using the paypal link on the top right of this page, the money donated there goes directly into our savings account. If you live locally and want to donate, you can drop your donation off to the bank, First Federal Savings & Loan at 800 West Lincoln Avenue in Charleston, IL, let them know it is for the Paul Family Adoption. By donating directly to the bank, there is no fees taken out of the donation.

Thanks again for everyone's love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment