Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Im going to CHINA!!!

I woke this morning to wonderful news in my email, my travel dates!! I got the exact dates I was hoping for:
August 22- Ill stay over night in Chicago
August 23- Ill leave for Shanghai
August 25- Ill arrive in Shanghai
August 26- Gotcha Day (Ill get Hudson)
Consulate Appt- September 3
Come home September 4 or 5th

I can not believe that in 17 days Ill be on a plane to China! I'm a little nervous to go alone, but not too much. I'm more worried about being able to communicate with Brock when I need to. At home I am not the decision maker and I don't even like to go shopping alone. It will be a little weird being so far from home and having to make all the decisions. That's what makes me the most nervous. I am so happy that I do get to go, I want to soak in as much as I can about where our son came from. I want to take so many photos and just absorb as much as I can so when he asks me about it I can tell him all I know. I want to be able to visit his orphanage but am pretty sure it will not be allowed. I think I will know before I leave US. I'm scared to go there and see all the waiting children. But, I do want to see where he has lived for the past 3+ years of his life. I am looking forward to the time alone I will have Hudson and the opportunity to bond with him as mama and son. And I cannot wait until we return and are reunited as a family of 6!

Financially we are getting there. We are currently about $5000 short of necessary funds. We received a $2000 grant through a small organization and are so thankful for that! We have had some friends and family that have donated and again we are so thankful! We continue to pray about this and know the Lord will work out all the details. If you would like to donate, please use the paypal link to the right or if you live locally you can drop off the donation to our bank, First Federal 800 West Lincoln Avenue and let them know it is for the Paul Family Adoption. We still have a lot of the discount cards available for those who live locally, they have a lot of great businesses and wonderful discounts.

Please pray for us as this will be a hard time on all of us. For me to travel alone and be away from my family for 2 weeks, for Hudson to leave the life he knows and to adjust to me and then to the family, for Brock and the kids while I am gone and then again to adjusting to our new life with Hudson. There will be a lot of changes this year and we could defiantly use the prayers. Thank you so much to those who have prayed for us, donated to us and have been an encouragement. As our adoption journey is coming to the peak and end, a new journey is just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment