Thursday, August 22, 2013

I ts one, the countdown is almost done!

I leave in 8 hours, out the door for the drive to Chicago! I think Im ready, then I keep remembering there is more I need to pack. I did break down and decided Ide do a second checked bag. Its going to be a small suitcase, but I just couldn't stress anymore about trying to make everything fit into the 1 checked suitcase. So, I have a total of 2 checked suitcases and 2 checked bags. It will all work out, I rather have to hassle a little bit at airports than to get there and realize I forgot stuff.

I got to have lunch with Averie today. Took her to Subway, she is so sweet, she ate most of her sandwich then she couldn't stop loving on me. Just hugs, kisses, being so sweet. We even had a guy come up and said how she really loves her mom! She is such a good girl. On the way back to school she did say "I really wanted to go with you to China." It really breaks my heart that she cannot come with. I never pictured going without her or Brock. But, I have to remind myself that God had another plan. He has a reason why I am going and they are staying and I have to let that go.

There has been some crying today, Im staying strong, and hope I can keep it together tomorrow. As long as I can keep it together in front of Averie, I don't want it to be a sad farewell. Im so glad she is coming with Brock to drop me off. Ill get to spend that much extra time with her. I just hope her and Brock don't cry all the way home together.

I cant believe that I am FLYING tomorrow! Ah! One thing I said I would never do is fly anywhere. Man, was I wrong. Im really not worried about flying, that's what kind of worries me. I don't want to get on there and not be prepared. Im sure it will be ok, I hope I can stay comfortable and sleep. Im sure Ill be pretty tired when I hit Shanghai at midnight and hope to go to bed right away and wake up around 7 or 8 and have breakfast, get the room ready, do a little shopping and prepare to get Hudson. I will get Hudson Monday morning, which is Sunday evening here. I hope the Internet works well and that I can post updates and pictures as soon as possible.

I just ask all friends and family, please do not call or text my cell while Im gone, unless it is an emergency. I will not respond to them or answer unless I know I HAVE to. If its an emergency, please have Brock get a hold of me as I know he wont just call or text for nothing. It is $1.99 per minute and $.50 to send a text and $.05 to receive a text.

Well, wish me luck and please send prayers for safe travels. Averie told me tonight that she wants daddy to call the church and have them pray for me while Im on the plane. She also told her kindergarten class to pray for me. She is so loving and sweet. Please pray for my family while Im gone. I know it will be tough, but Brock is a great dad and he can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment