Saturday, August 10, 2013

13 days

Only 13 days until I am on a plane to get our son! I cant believe that we are getting so close!

Today we went fishing at Great Grandma and Grandpa Paul's pond. It was fun, even though I am not an outdoors type of person. I enjoyed sitting back and watching all the commotion and taking photos of everyone. It was kind of comical! Averie was the first one with her line on the water, she no more got it in and she had a fish and thats how it went for the next 30 minutes, at least. Well, after our first 5 or 6 fish we realized that the fish basket had a hole in it and we were losing the fish! LOL! So, grandpa changed out the basket and they were off to catching more. Everyone caught a fish, except for me, but again I liked to just sit back and watch. Poor Brock was constantly putting worms on hooks and taking fish off hooks. Ashton caught some of the smallest fish. We ended up with 15 or 16 keepers. Everyone had a good time. As with most events, we reminded each other, "next time we do this, Hudson will be with us!" We have been doing that for months. We cant wait to experience the many "firsts" with Hudson!

Well, my plane tickets are booked, Ive started packing bags and purchasing the items Ill need to bring with me. Its still not real yet. We are still a bit short on funds to complete the travel expenses. I get a little nervous knowing we are thousands of dollars away and the money will be due within days. But, then I remember that this is all in Gods hands. He has this under control. They money will be there one way or another when we need it. Please continue to pray for us about this. I can not wait until I announce that we are completely funded and that it is no longer a worry.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us, donated to us, purchased a discount card, etc. Without all of you, we would not be this far, we would not be bringing home Hudson in a few weeks! We have faced a lot of challenges over these past 18 months as we have been working on the adoption. But, we are always reminded that this is the Lords plan for us and He has it all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment