Saturday, August 24, 2013

I'm in China!

Ive been keeping a journal and will just copy that here. Thank you for everyone's prayers, my travel was safe!

Friday/Saturday


Plane ride has been great! Don't mind planes at all. The view is amazing. They also constantly have beverages and plenty of snacks and food. Both vegetarian meals were pasta but they were good. I slept for a little while! It's so hard to keep track of time on here but at this point we are about 5.5 hours away. The little bits of turbulence don't feel much worse than bumps on a school bus. Take off was not bad at all, noisy but not bad. There are movies, games, musical tv shows and more programmed on the tv. I've watched 2 movies so far and a few tv episodes. I wish Brock and Averie were here to experience this, but I know The Lord had other plans for this. Seats are much more comfortable than expected. I would defiantly rather fly to Florida!
Got into Hong Kong with no incidents. The airport is huge but was easy to maneuver. I got the the airway to board Shanghai with 15 minutest to spare. Then we all jammed on a bus, picture a Disney bus with no seats, we were packed in like sardines for the drive over to the plane. This plane is smaller, across with 1 little isle between and no tv. But they are eager to feed you. It's only a 2.5 hr flight. I see no other western ears on the plane. Doesn't bother me, just now I know how some people feel back home, being a minority.
I'm looking forward to getting to shanghai, getting to th hotel and finding out the plans for when I'll get Hudson! I still can't believe Im here to get him. This is so exciting, to finally meet your son, whom you have watched grow up for the past 18 months through pictures while he was on the oath side of the world. I am wanting to take picture of everything, idk if ill come here again, so I want to be able to remember if for him.
There was free wifi at the airport but unfortunately I only had a couple of minutes, I quickly text Brock and posted on FB where I was. Hoping to at least have wireless access I. The hotel lobby. Guess ill find out soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment