Wednesday, August 21, 2013

So much to do and there is only 2

Wow, these days are flying past me. I feel like Ive had all the time in the world to prepare yet I am so not ready to go. Tomorrow will be an extremely busy day for me and I know by this time tomorrow evening I will be totally stressed out. :(

Today I had more running to do after some appointments. Not how I wanted my day to go, but it did. Tomorrow I have just a few places I have to quickly go to then I will be home the rest of the day and evening. I don't really care if I go to bed tomorrow night as I do want to be tired for the plane ride....all 14.5 hours to Hong Kong and then 2 hours to Shanghai. UGH!

This evening we went to one last dinner with Brock's parents. We ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It seemed a bit stressful. After that we got to go visit my sister and her family. It was nice as we don't get to visit much and we talked about my trip and stuff. Our family is all so very excited about the adoption and everyone can not wait to be able to meet Hudson. I will see how he reacts in China and we will make our decisions from that about when we will get to meet everyone. I'm sure it will just be a few people at a time. I will post more about what we hope for the first few weeks once home. International adoption, especially of an older child, is quite a bit different than domestic adoption or adoption of a baby. There has to be a bonding process for us with Hudson, this is something that comes so naturally for our biological children. Again...Ill post more on this before I come home.

Tomorrow is a very full and busy day. I am so excited about going to China to get Hudson. I am so glad that God chose me to go, I will do my best to learn and experience as much as I can about our sons country. Ill take as many pictures as I can so we can look and remember what it was like.

Again, thank you for your prayers and support. Just a few short days ago we were short several thousand dollars that I HAD to have to be able to go to China. The Lord provided us with the amount we needed for this trip...just in time! The Lord is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment