Monday, August 26, 2013

Gotcha day

I sit here at 2:15am China time typing this, I don't think I will get use to the time here, but we did go to sleep early and I slept the best I had yet. My sweet boy is laying in my bed, asleep, so precious looking. He sleeps with his legs criss crossed, I am assuming because his baby bed was too small.

Reflections from gotcha day...
I could not sleep, I was awake from 12am partially because I was so excited and partially cause of this 13.hour time difference. I did get to Skype with Brock and Averie a lot though! I was up and around and down stairs by 820am to meet my guide. She was running a few minutes behind as the streets were very busy. We drove about 45 minutes to the civil affairs office. I was the only person there adopting for the day. No other families. So I signed a lot of papers and did all the legal stuff.



Then we waited...and waited. My guide called them and they had been stuck in traffic, but should be there in 15 minutes. About 7 min later they came walking into the room! I had already prompted my guide how to use the video camera, so she grabbed it and began videoing. Hudson looked sad, but they said he had gotten car sick and that he fell asleep. I'm sure he did get car sick, he rarely rode in a car and the drive is so bumpy and jurky. They sat him in a chair and he was thirsty, they gave him water and I pulled out a cup I brought him and they poured the water in there, he drank the whole cup while I signed more papers. I wanted to give him all my attention and couldn't focus on the papers, I'm hoping I signed them correctly! After a cup of water he started to come to a little bit. He was wanting his car he brought and a snack. He asked where his baba was! so sweet and so smart. the guide to.d him, baba (dada) is at home, you will fly on a plane with mama to America soon and see dada) he was content with that. They began to show me the gifts they brought for us. A beautiful photo album, his name plate (stamp with his name in Chinese), a DVD from the orphanage, a tea mug from orphanage, all the gifts we sent him, a t shirt, and they sent a new box of formula. I was happy to hear he is potty trained! After we talked for a little while, they said we were done. The      nanny said good bye tomHudson and he waved and said good bye. They all left the room and it was just the 2 of us. He. Continued to play with his toys and was just a happy boy! Oh, he did come to me as soon as I reached out for him. I didn't do that right away cause I didn't want to scare him. I realized the nanny was watching at the door, but he didnt mind. She walked with us out and he again told her bye and just kept walking with us.  He was excited to go!

The car ride was fun, he laughed and was silly. He ate more snacks and drank more water. We stopped at a  Chinese restaurant to get him some lunch. He got rice, chicken, egg and vegetable.

As soon as we got into the room, i skyped with Brock, pam, roger and the kids. hudson was so silly and tried to feed them food through the ipad and would just laugh. he talked to them and called brock baba. He liked the rice and ate and ate. He feeds himself. He did play with his food a lot, but I was not going to take his food away. He would take it from one bowl to another.  After sky ping, he continued to eat and drink. He used the potty, a lot. He thought it was funny to use the toilet paper, but he would go and flush and pull up his pants. He is too little to get on and off the potty alone. I finally cleaned up his food mess, which he helped doing. He got on the bed with me and just laughed and played. He played cars, we tossed the cars to each other, he had a singing Santa we sent him and he loved it! And he loved his sunglasses. He was very busy and everywhere. I'm glad our room isn't huge!

Around 3pm he kept repeating something to me, I didn't know what it was. He grabbed his photo book I made him and sat at the desk and stared at a photo of him and 4 or 5 other friends. He repeated the same thing, but quieter, as I think he knew I didn't understand. I decided I better distract him, so I got out some snacks. I also made oatmeal. He loved both and wanted me to feed him the oatmeal, which I did. He ate it all and then was content. He hopped onto my lap and we watched a little tv. He began to get sleepy. When he got up to go potty, I ran him a bath. He helped get undressed and I helped him in. He stood there and quickly grabbed the washcloth and washed his face and body and handed me the rag. I helped him to sit down, he acted like I was crazy! I gave him a few bath toys. He didnt know why they were in there. But I got him to play a little. He be ate afraid of the frog, so we put it up. He did his wash cloth routine. Few more times, the. I washed his hair and body, this was new to him. He let me. I rinsed him and he once again grabbed the rag and did his routine. I squeaked his bath toy at him, trying to get him to relax and play, it scared him, he shook his head no and pointed to the frog. I put them all up. He was ready to get out. So I got him out, dried him off and put lotion on him. His skin on his back is very dry. Again this was new to him. He was excited to see underwear and quickly put them on. (He wasn't wearing any when I got him).  He helped get himself dressed. I put him in warm Jammie's as he was cold and I'm sure this room is much colder than he is use to. We played around some more and by 6 we were both exhausted. I made him so e of the formula in a cup. He tried it but looked confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment