Monday, August 19, 2013

FOUR days!

4 days until I am on my way to get our boy! I finally got my travel letter today that details what all Ill be doing while in China and where all the fees were coming from. It looks good and I'm about ready to go. I'm really looking forward to being in our sons home country, learning all that I can about it and just taking in the sights.

I will be in Shanghai Aug 24-Aug 30 and then Ill be in Guangzhou from Aug 30- Sept 5. With time differences Ill still arrive home on September 5th. I know Brock and Averie will come to the airport to get us, probably Hanna too. I think Pam & Roger might come. Ashton has a soccer game that night and I don't think he will be there. I'm sure I will be so ready to see my family. Ide love to make it back for Ashtons soccer game, but Ide also love it if it was raining and he could come to the airport to get us! :)

I think while I'm gone Brock and the kids will be taken care of. Roger has said something about bringing a few meals over and my mom has also offered a meal. I'm hoping my mom can do laundry a week into my trip for them and really hoping she will come and do a little tidying up around the house before I come home. I'm sure Brock and the kids will keep it pretty clean, but I doubt Ill want to jump into cleaning bathrooms, dishes and the kitchen right away. So nice to have family close so they are able to help in times like these!

I actually packed some clothes in my suitcase tonight. Most of the clothes I'm taking are in there and its not even half way full. So that's a good thing. I still have lots of odds and ends to add in there, I'm sure it will be full by the time I'm ready to go. I'm trying to do 1 checked suitcase and 1 carry on small suitcase and 1 backpack. I think I can handle that alone in the airports and should be enough for all that I need.

I'm off to bed, getting this typed a little later than I planned. Thanks again to everyone for their love and support during our adoption journey. I cant wait to start our lives with Hudson. I keep hearing how he is a lucky boy, sure, he probably is lucky. But, we are the lucky ones that God has chosen to parent him and that's exactly how we feel. We are so lucky that we are able to call him our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment